9.20.2008

Home and Where the Heart Is

Last night I broke the number one rule of college: DON'T DRINK THE JUNGLE JUICE. I now know why it's the number one rule. I managed to avoid a deathly hangover by only partaking in a cupful, but a cupful of something with a bottle of everclear in it is still no good. I live to see another day, but good golly, I'll never pull that again. Now I've been banned from home because of The Big Game. The trials of living a block from the KU Memorial Stadium. This is a pretty good excuse to go home, me thinks.

I had the most wonderful dream last night about walking from Kansas City to Lawrence with a group of rebel vagabonds. We were like the Lost Boys from Peter Pan. All along the way we'd break into people's houses and sleep there and steal crap from anywhere we could get it. In fact, I woke up in the middle of it, fell back to sleep and started dreaming about it again. It was awesome! Especially the part where it started raining.

Lately I've had a hankering to move back to Kansas City. Every time I go and spend time in midtown or sit on the back patio of Broadway, my heart gets all big and sad. I miss it. Me and KC... I know we have a future together.

No comments: