12.11.2008

it's worth a thought

Where do I begin, proceed to disperse amongst the rest of the population, then begin myself again? It's strange how I get lost in there.

Sometimes I don't mind being a mish-mash of the culture I grew up in and sometimes it bugs me that society could look at me and only stare back at itself.

Tim Keel said on Sunday it is never a good idea to let your work define you, and I wondered if it was a sin that someday all I want to be is my work. I don't really need anything anymore. Why not let the people I'm helping have at me?

I just don't want to imagine myself working with people who I'm trying to help reintegrate into society while I go home, have a lobster dinner, turn on the news and say 'how sad'.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh boy, that's a tough one :/

Evan said...

I posted a response to your comment. CHECK IT.

leandra.b said...

There's only lobster dinners if you ever really want there to be one.
For some reason I have no trouble believing that you of all people are completely capable of staying within their measure of taste.

p.s. my word verification is "ismsh"
:) i like that alot.

лора said...

yeah, the lobster dinner was kind of a hypothetical dinner scenario. i don't think i'll ever eat lobster again for as long as i live. i too believe i'll be able to stay in check.

my word is "maccas"
i'm a fan