8.27.2008

Beautiful women will never become supermodels.

Which is fine with me. Polina Porizkova just said that most high fashion models she knows are hideous without make-up. Which is not me. But I do notice that high fashion models have very distinct facial proportions which makes for an eye-catching advertisement (or a really scary end to a one-night stand, but whatever).

Completely unrelated to this, there are some activities I think I could really get into if I had the time, including but not limited to:

marathon running
graffiti
soap making
glass blowing
toy and miniature collecting

Today, I will reconnect with someone who used to be very near to my heart, and I do hope that she will work her way back in there. I do really enjoy getting to know people all over again and bringing that friendship back around on a whole different plane. Of course this is assuming that friendships improve over time. I am, slightly needless to say, excited.

I used to watch Home Improvement with my family around dinnertime, and I don't remember much more than that, like if I liked it or not. But I am watching reruns of the show on TBS and I see now that all it does is promote misogyny and absolute stupidity on the half of domestic male partners. And I hate the way they hide one of the only intelligent men on the show behind a fence and the behind an effeminate persona. Fuck you, Tim Allen. Fuck. You.

No comments: